Luna Smart Mattress cover turns your bed into a smartbed
A new smart device could have a greater impact on your health and wellbeing than the host of smartbands, smartwatches and smartglasses that are already available. Humans spend a good portion of their existence sleeping so if you can improve that ‘activity’ with a smart device then that could be highly significant to you.
Now there is already an example of a smartbed but that example requires you spend at least $1k for the mattress. Luna allows users to make use of the bed they already might have spent $£$£s on in order for a good night’s sleep as it is a smart mattress cover which is up for pre-order now from a little over $200.
Luna’s smart mattress cover has the following key functionality:
- Dual-zone temperature adjustments
- Sleep tracking data monitoring and recording
- Smart home integration
- Auto learning and scheduling of temperatures etc
- Mobile phone controllable but secure thanks to 128-bit encryption
- Smart alarm
- Works with nest, emberlight, beep and Lockitron
- Wi-Fi connectivity
- Thin, flexible and lightweight so it doesn’t adversely affect the comfort of your mattress
- Available double, queen and king mattress sizes, machine washable
The point of the Luna smart mattress is in providing a better sleep and therefore you should wake up with more energy and feeling refreshed – starting your day positively. The Smart Alarm function mentioned above can tell the optimum time to wake you up at a time near to your target wake-up time.
The sensors in the smart mattress cover can automatically help you to a great nights sleep and can monitor/record the following:
- Heart rate
- Ambient noise
- Ambient light
Luna is expected to ship in August this year. The Luna project is already a resounding success on IndieGogo having raised double the target funding amount of $100K – in a day – and there’s 30 days left. I think the Luna team will probably be too excited to sleep!