Microsoft Lumia 535 smartphone is affordable and ticks lots of boxes
Microsoft has launched its first ever own branded smartphone today. The Microsoft Lumia 535 is an affordable smartphone which takes the Lumia 5XX range to new heights with lots of popular smartphone feature boxes ticked including; a 5-inch screen, quad core processor, 1GB of RAM, expandable storage and a removable battery. Users can also choose from a good range of colours and the smartphone, which will start to roll out this month, is priced at around 110 EUR before tax.
In the opinion of Tech Assimilate Microsoft has lined up a very tempting and decent all rounder in the Lumia 535 and Lumia 535 dual SIM. Its component mix seems very appealing for the price if you like/don’t mind Microsoft’s mobile OS. There’s no obvious weakness in the specs unless you must have 4G connectivity or a higher performance camera for your mobile snapshots. Please check through the key specifications table below:
- Display: 5-inch IPS LCD with qHD resolution, protected by Gorilla Glass 3
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 200 quad-core running at 1.2GHz
- Memory: 1GB of RAM plus 8GB built-in storage, optional 128GB microSD card expandability
- Cameras: Front and back 5MP cameras, back camera has an LED flash
- Battery: swappable 1905mAh, capable of playing back video for 6.5 hours, 2G/3G talk of 11/13 hours
- Connections: 3.5mm audio, microUSB, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, 2G and 3G. Both single and dual-SIM variants will be made available
- Dimensions: 140.2 x 72.4 x 8.8mm, 146g
- Accessories: Lumia 535 cover, choice of cyan, bright green, bright orange, white, dark grey, and black back panels
- Software: Windows Phone 8.1 and Microsoft essentials including Skype and OneNote
Microsoft says that the Lumia 535 will become available from this month in “selected markets” and cost 110 EUR before taxes, or equivalent. It does look like Microsoft is coming out guns blazing for the mid/low end, and many commentators suggest this is the pricing area where it can make the greatest dent on the smartphone ecosystem.